Saturday 15 October 2011

Ah well.....

The wheel I bought with all the other stuff from Richard in Trowbridge was a 15" wheel from a 1998 Renault Master, at the time, I knew it was the wrong size, but decided that for now it would do as a spare to get me out of trouble until I could find one the proper size.

Anyway, it doesn't fit :(. The stud holes are way different, the centre hole is alot bigger, and the stud holes further apart.

So if anyone wants to buy a wheel for an early Renault Master, 15", I have one for sale with an almost new tyre on !

Not all bad news though, I want to get Nina all gadgeted up this time round, didn't really do it before, and my first gadget is a monitor in the front that will have a rear camera plugged into it for easier parking when I build a cupboard unit across the back, blocking the back windows.

I searched eBay and decided on one that clips over your existing rear view mirror and looks like a rear view mirror. I found one with a 7" monitor incorporated and 2 video inputs for £29.55 delivered from a seller in Birmingham, eBay ID 'it-superstore'.

This is the sellers photo from the auction -



Once I'd spotted the monitor, I looked for a couple of cameras, as the monitor had two inputs, and I found some good quality ones, also on eBay, with night vision, or infra red so that it can see in the dark without any additional lighting.

Seller ID for the cameras was 'betashop1', also in Birmingham, and to be honest, I'm pretty sure it's the same seller that sold me the monitor, just under a different eBay ID for whatever reason. These were prices at £16.95 each with a best offer, I eventually got them for £16 each. Bit stingy on the offers but almost £2 off the price, and it was free delivery too.

These are the cameras as on the auction -



My intention is to have one on the top pointing down at the rear of Nina, so I can judge how much more I can reverse before I actually hit what's behind me :P, and the second camera will be fixed inside the back on to the dog cage that I am building so that we can keep an eye on the dogs we are carrying whilst driving. Useful for rescue dogs :).

Well that's it for this update, plenty more to come soon, so stop by again ! :)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gloucester,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment