Saturday 15 October 2011

Nope, like a kid with new toys.....

Well, after all yesterday's excitement actually getting so many of the bits I wanted in one hit, and for such a good price, today, all I wanted to do was fit it to see how different Nina would look. Have gotten so used to all the yellow steel work inside and no front passenger seating.

So eventually started around 4.30pm, and was all done by 8.30pm. To me, it's such a change ! Finally the ambulance is turning into a camper ! Well, kind of back in to a van ;P.

So this is how Nina looked in the front when I first got her, no passenger seat and lots of ambulancey stuff !



So I carefully removed all the metal and plastic work, ready to put the new
old interior in. Looking very bare and uncluttered now :).





There seems so much space all of a sudden, even the back looks bigger.

Took me a while, but was a fairly easy job to be fair. As you can see, autumn is here, it gets dark so early now !








The hardest part was putting the seatbelt back in to the door pillar. When the Ambulance conversion company originally converted Nina, they removed the seatbelt and fed the air conditioning hoses down the door pillar, out underneath and up in to the engine bay, so I kind of had to squash two fairly thick hoses to one side, put the seatbelt inertia reel into the hole and bolt in quickly, I think the hoses clear any moving parts, so they don't get worn through during seatbelt use.

I've done a couple of before and after pics to show the difference.






I haven't fixed the step liner in properly yet, still need to clear all the rubbish out left by the heater that was installed in the doorstep. But the plastic liner is in place just to hide it for now :)


Jen says it's nice travelling in the front now after travelling in the 'variety club' seats in the back for so long!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gloucester

No comments:

Post a Comment