Monday 17 October 2011

Solution to seating back rest

Remember earlier in the blog I said I wanted L shaped seating behind the front cab, and needed something to separate the front from the back ?

Well by accident I came across this on eBay, being sold locally, in fact only about 3 miles from where I live.

A full bulkhead taken from a Renault Master van, by a guy converting it into a camper ! :P. Obviously doing his different to me, probably with the swivel seats.

What's a bulkhead ? Want some pics to see ? Oh ok then :).


Couldn't resist fitting this straight away, it was very simple, just bolted straight in, all the holes were there already for it, and the eBay seller supplied all the bolts with it. I did have on problem doing it, if you look at the above photo, on the right of the bulkhead you can see gaps down the side, the original conversion plastic meant that the bulkhead didn't seat properly, so the only solution other than cutting the plastic away, was to bend the edge of the bulkhead round slightly so it didn't hit the plastic. This is the best solution, because when all the Walls are lined with carpet, I can bend it back to there isn't a gap and you will hardly notice a join there as it will all look the same, like one wall all the way around.

What I liked about this bulkhead, normally they are solid, and this one had the window in it which means you van look out through the front when parked up. It will be another window to curtain or put a blind on, but I like having the window, also when driving, you can still look behind out the side windows when reversing.



This photo is looking in from the side door, and makes it easier for you to see how the seating is now going to slot straight in there using the new bulkhead as a backrest for the left hand part of the seat.

Having the bulkhead there also reduces the draughts you get around your neck when driving, which is a good thing.

This must have cost hundreds, a genuine lump of Renault metal with a window in right ?

Nope, I won it with my first opening bid of £29 :). Such a bargain, and really changes how Nina looks in the back now from when I first got her as you can see in this next photo, the back is like a proper room now :).



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Gloucester

No comments:

Post a Comment